The Winter Legacy is open to everyone, it offers an adult race and a junior model. This unpublished race is a series of several disciplines between the starting gate and the finish line: moguls, giant, ski cross, super giant and a waterslide (an escape way will be made if you don't want to do it) to cross the finish.
The starts will be made by 4 in the same gates world cup racers use during parallel world cups.
Notice that there is no jumps in the ski cross, and escaping the water slide is possible.
The Winter Legacy runs in individual or by team of 4 skiers.
- Age: from 15 years old
- Place of the Race: Emile ALLAIS Slope
- Start Access: Chenus Cable Car
- Start Altitude: 2250 m
- Arrival Altitude: 1700 m
- Vertical Drop: 550 m
- Track Length: 1 km
- Fastest Time Expected: 2mn30 / 3mn
Winter Legacy Solo:
- Start at the same time than three opponents.
- Prepare yourself to make 5 disciplines in a raw.
- Pass the others competitors with the courses in parallel.
- Categories: If you are licensed you will be ranked with the "PRO", without any licensed you will be an "AMATOR".
Winter Legacy by Team:
- All 4 mates start at the same time (in the same wave).
- All Teammates are doing the entire course.
- The 4rd racer who cross the finish line stop the time for the team.
- categories: If your team has more than 3 licensed you will be ranked with "PRO"
Winter Legacy Junior
The Winter Legacy Junior runs alone against a challenger.
- Age: 9 to 14 years
- Location: Second half of Winter Legacy
- Start Access: Gondola Chenus or Skilift of la Loze
- Childrens make the lower part of the Adult race: Ski Cross, Super Geant and Water slide (escape way possible on the side)
Ski level required:
The Winter Legacy is OPEN TO EVERYONE. All skieur able to ski down on all slopes and snow conditions can register to the competition.
Who can register:
- The Winter Legacy is open to all people, women or men, born in 2008 or before, with licence or not.
- The Winter Legacy is open to all kids, girl or boy, born between 2009 and 2014, with licence or not.
To provide when you pick up your bib:
- For Ski Club licence holders: You have to provide a copie from your valide licence (for ski insctructors, your professional licence is working).
- If you don't have any licence: You have to provide a medical certificate made in the year which give you the permission of racing in an alpin skiing competition.
- Each youth under 18 years old must provide an authorization from their legal representative.
No bib will be assigne without ski club licence, medical certificate or legal representative authorization (for minor).
Awards and Rankings
- Top 3 Overall women
- Top 3 Overall men
- Top 3 teams
- 1st Girl and 1st U16 Boy (born between 2006 and 2007)
- 1st Woman and 1st Man U18 (born between 2004 and 2005)
- 1st Woman and 1st Man U21 (born between 2002 and 2003)
- 1st Woman and 1st Man Master (born between 2001 and 1967)
- 1st Woman and 1st Man Veteran (born in 1966 and before)
Winter Legacy Junior:
- Top 3 Girls & Boys U10 (born between 2012 and 2013)
- Top 3 Girls & Boys U12 (born between 2010 and 2011)
- Top 3 Girls & Boys U14 (born between 2008 and 2009)