The Winter Legacy is open to everyone, it offers an adult race and a junior model. This unpublished race is a series of several disciplines between the starting gate and the finish line: moguls, giant, ski cross, super giant and a waterslide to cross the finish.
The starts will be made by 4 in the same gates world cup racers use during parallel world cups.
Notice that there is no jumps in the ski cross, and escaping the water slide is possible.
The Winter Legacy runs in individual or by team of 4 skiers.
- Age: from 15 years old
- Place of the Race: Combe de la Saulire
- Start Access: Saulire Cable Car
- Start Altitude: 2700 m
- Arrival Altitude: 2072 m
- Vertical Drop: 628 m
- Track Length: 3 km
- Fastest Time Expected: 2mn30 / 3mn
Winter Legacy Solo:
- Start at the same time than three opponents.
- Prepare yourself to make 5 disciplines in a raw.
- Pass the others competitors with the courses in parallel.
Winter Legacy by Team:
- All 4 mates start at the same time (in the same wave).
- All Teammates are doing the entire course.
- The 3rd racer who cross the finish line stop the time for the team.
Winter Legacy Junior
The Winter Legacy Junior runs alone against a challenger.
- Age: 9 to 14 years
- Location: Second half of Winter Legacy
- Start Access: Gondola des Verdons + Cable Car de Saulire
- Childrens make the lower part of the Adult race: Ski Cross, Super Geant and Water slide
Ski level required:
The Winter Legacy is OPEN TO EVERYONE. All skieur able to ski down on all slopes and snow conditions can register to the competition.
Who can register:
- The Winter Legacy is open to all people, women or men, born in 2006 or before, with licence or not.
- The Winter Legacy is open to all kids, girl or boy, born between 2007 and 2012, with licence or not.
To provide when you pick up your bib:
- For Ski Club licence holders: You have to provide a copie from your valide licence (for ski insctructors, your professional licence is working).
- If you don't have any licence: You have to provide a medical certificate made in the year which give you the permission of racing in an alpin skiing competition.
- Each youth under 18 years old must provide an authorization from their legal representative.
No bib will be assigne without ski club licence, medical certificate or legal representative authorization (for minor).
Awards and Rankings
- Top 5 Overall women
- Top 5 Overall men
- Top 3 teams
- 1st Girl and 1st U16 Boy (born between 2005 and 2006)
- 1st Woman and 1st Man U18 (born between 2003 and 2004)
- 1st Woman and 1st Man U21 (born between 2000 and 2002)
- 1st Woman and 1st Man Master (born between 1999 and 1966)
- 1st Woman and 1st Man Veteran (born in 1965 and before)
Winter Legacy Junior:
- Top 3 Girls & Boys U10 (born between 2011 and 2012)
- Top 3 Girls & Boys U12 (born between 2009 and 2010)
- Top 3 Girls & Boys U14 (born between 2007 and 2008)